Sunday 15 March 2015

Christmas Card Challenge 15



Happy Sunday to you......

It is time for another challenge over at Christmas Card Challenge and this week is the option to use the inspiration photo below.


 I had some fun making this card, I made the lovely blue card using distress inks, a sponge, and some embossing powder.
Firstly I sponged a mixture of blue distress inks onto a piece of card until I was happy with the colour, then I went over the whole card with a Versa Mark watermark ink pad then added some transparent embossing powder.  The blue card as a gorgeous shine and glimmer to it that I could not get to show up well in my pics.
I die cut two christmas baubles out of the blue card and then cut again out of my white.  I mounted the white panel onto foam pads before adding the blue baubles.  I had a little bit of card left so I used a snow drift die to cut the top piece.
The sentiment is from a LOTV set and I have stamped it in silver.




I am entering this card into the following challenges




10 comments:

  1. Good morning sweetie, a stunning creation today, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the CAS design ..... just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Gail. I love the blue background and wonderful CAS design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sponging is awesome, Gail! What a great idea to emboss to add shine! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love how you did the sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS and FABULOUS Gail!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome design Gail .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful Christmas card Gail, such an elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beautiful simplicity of this card Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, I love how you've created the gorgeous blue card! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Winter Wonderland!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are much appreciated.

Hugs

Gail xx